Saturday, October 21, 2006

so much for the show

Yesterday, when I got turned out, I decided to roll....

next to the fence. Which proceeded to attack my left hind leg. near my already exisiting scar from my weanling age.

And now, big strip of hair and blood exisit where there was only fence. And while I don't walk with a limp, 4 hrs in the stall has swollen my leg below my hock to twice normal size.

Needless to say, mom scratched me from the dressage show. She was not pleased. At all.

Dr. L says no furazene and is all ho-hum on the wonderdust. She recommends cold hose, no stall, vet wrap and neosporine type treatment. Dr. L is no fun. She also recommends bute, but I think mom wants me to suck it up.

and I still have fungus.

In other news, I am a size 76 blanket, not 70 as mom ordered. Back to stateline for an exchange, I guess.

No comments: